- Free school meals can save your household up to £418 a year per child.
- Pupil premium – Get £1300 for your child’s school to improve education.
- Your child is eligible for free school meals if you or your partner receive one of the qualifying benefits.
- When making your application you are also applying for the pupil premium for your child’s school.
What are the qualifying benefits?
You will be entitled to apply for free school meals and/or pupil premium for your child if you or your partner receive one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (see Information on Eligibility Criteria)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- The guaranteed part of State Pension Credit
- Support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (providing you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by the Inland Revenue)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
Apply for free school meals and pupil premium
When you apply you will get an instant decision on your claim. The council will contact the school to confirm your child’s eligibility.